Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thank God For Another Year!

     39 years ago today, I made my debut in this world, raising hell after putting my mother through 9 hours of labor.  My "ball of fire" personality changed the lives of my parents and all those who have been fortunate enough to call me a "friend" through out my 39 years.  To say that there isn't any one like me, would be an understatement. I march to the beat of my own drum. I am independent, outspoken, loyal, and very opinionated, ( as if you didn't know that already from reading my blog).  I am also a terrific mommy (so my son tells me), an outstanding daughter (so my mom tells me), the best sister (so my sissy's tell me) and a great friend (so I tell myself).   
     As I take the time today to reflect on the past 39 years, I have to first Thank God for allowing me to see another year and for keeping me and blessing me.  I also have to say thank you to my parents who gave me life and to my mom for guiding me and teaching me what it is to be a strong woman.  Much thanks is also due to my siblings who have probably taken the brunt of my abuse in the form of my smart mouth.  LOL!  Also thanks to the rest of my family and friends who have loved and supported me for the past 39 years.
     This journey called life has been filled with good and bad times and I have received some bumps and bruises along the way but all in all, I wouldn't change a thing because they have made me who I am today.

13 comments:

  1. Another Great Blog....real talk...and most of all everyone can relate...Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday mama. You look Fabolous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirty-nine years young. Just like Jack Benny. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!

    Hayley
    hayleysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND AS ALWAYS ENJOYED THE POST

    KISSES FROM :
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY where Fashion and Food collide!
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a fantastic birthday. I'm glad you are a wonderful mom, daughter, sister and friend. The world needs us all to be. I am with you, I wouldn't change a thing in my life as it has molded us to be who we are. = )

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bday Beautiful I hope it was Blessed and Enjoyed.

    Tiffany From a cup of coffe and a piece of me...

    ReplyDelete